Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Year, New Adventures

2016 is well under way and it's brought some big changes my way.

For starters, my husband's job relocated us to Memphis in November so our holidays were spent moving and selling our house. We are excited to be back in Memphis after 15 years away so this is a welcome change. And as an added bonus, my husband found us an apartment downtown with an incredible view.
View from my kitchen window!
For the first time in a very long time, I will be lucky enough to see my husband every day. See, usually his job requires that he does some serious traveling and over the years we've become accustomed to going days at a time without seeing each other. We managed fine like that but I've gotta admit that it feels really, really awesome to see the person you love every day. I'd forgotten what normal felt like. I have no idea if we will be in Memphis long term. Might be here a year, might be here forever. Who knows? But I do know we plan to enjoy it while we're here, for as long as we're here.

Up next, as some may have noticed, my Etsy shop has changed names! It was called "A Little Hodge, A Little Podge" based mainly on the notion that I tend to enjoy making and thus selling a variety of things rather than just one particular item. I personally liked the name a lot but something seemed a little off though I couldn't place what that something was. After a lot (and I do mean ALOT) of thought on the matter, I opted to change it to "Wishes and Wonderment". I like the new name better than the old one but mainly because it seems prettier. Silly reasoning, I know, but hey, I'm a girl and I like pretty things.


The next big change that has occurred involves both of the aforementioned changes. With this new move, my gracious husband has made it possible for me to not work a traditional job but to instead focus on doing what I love and creating art! I've had to change jobs with each of our moves and each time it feels a little harder than the time before. You have to start back at the bottom again and you have to be the new girl and you have to learn new software and policies, etc etc. And eventually prospective employers start to question whether or not they should hire you because it's super clear from your resume that you move around in Nomadic fashion. So this time around, I get to do something different. I get to work for me, doing artsy stuff! Originally I'd planned to flip furniture but after flipping one bookshelf for myself, I quickly realized that our new apartment isn't logistically set up for that sort of endeavor. So as I go back to the drawing board on that idea, I'm working to fill up my Etsy shop with a variety of new things. Story stones will probably always be my favorite thing to make but creativity knows no limits so I'll keep searching for inspiring art projects to fill my days and my shop.
Alphabet Stones, available in my Etsy shop.


I hope this year continues to bring fabulous things my way. I hope my husband finds success and enjoyment in his new position. I hope we both fall in love with living in Memphis again. I hope my Etsy shop continues to grow and that I'm able to find success doing something I love. I pray we will be happy and healthy and live a life full of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment